- At 19 o’clockAnd On the day of the war in Ukraine, the Russian army continued to bomb several cities incessantly, causing a series of humanitarian crises, but no real progress on the ground.
- In Kiev and its region, Russian bombings continue into the night, intensifying The adviser to the Ukrainian president agrees “The city is under siege”. In Mariupol, several days were besieged and bombed. The situation is “Almost hopeless”People are expecting humanitarian aid to arrive at the site on Monday afternoon, according to Doctors Without Borders. In Mykolayiv, another port city on the Black Sea, The shelling continued into the night. Russian troops are approaching the city, but their target is Odessa Cut off Ukrainian access to the sea. Later, Russia tightened its grip, tweeting that it had Russian naval forces, if the British Defense Ministry was to be believed. “Established the remote siege of the Ukrainian Black Sea coast”.
- New talks between Russia and Ukraine via video conference are set to take place on Monday, March 14th. 9:20 am (Paris time). After the failure of the first three sessions in Belarus this time around, a glimmer of hope is shining in Turkey on Thursday, following the failure of the meeting between Russian Foreign Ministers Sergei Lavrov and Ukrainian Dmitry Kuleba.
- The New York Times Russia has asked China for economic and military assistance in waging war and avoiding Western sanctions, citing U.S. officials who want to remain anonymous. U.S. National Security Adviser Jack Sullivan has warned Beijing that Chinese aid to Moscow to offset losses related to sanctions could have repercussions.
- “About 1,300” Ukrainian soldiers have been killed since February 24, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zhelensky announced on Saturday, as well as at least 596 civilians on Sunday at the UN. The calculation underscores that this figure may be much lower than in reality.
- In 24 hours, about 100,000 people joined the ranks of refugees fleeing the fighting, bringing the total to nearly 2.7 million, according to figures released Sunday by the United Nations.
Read our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine:
Evidence. Mariupol is in hell, isolated and besieged: “My mother tells me they are afraid they will forget”
Report. “He asked us: ‘Mom, why?’ : Ukrainian mothers talk about their children’s concerns
Encryption. The bombing of the Yaroviev site was a stern warning to Westerners
Report. “It is no longer fit to live”: In Mykolayiv, the Russian military is deliberately targeting civilians
To analyze. Worst case scenario in Ukraine and Russia
Web light. Ukrainian Chronicle: Daily War
Our live from Sunday, March 13th Can be found here.