Earlier this week, Christian Cage challenged Jungle Boy to a fight in AEW revolutionwhich takes place Sunday night (March 5) on pay-per-view.
Cage has made it clear that he is not looking for a wrestling match. He didn’t want any regulations or rules involved. A boy responded with a video of him in a cemetery digging a grave for a Christian. Was AEW really going to book A.J
boneyard Buried Alive match?
no! The next day, AEW announced that it would be a No Holds Barred match. However, on a call with the media, Tony Khan said there was more to come about what exactly this match would be like.
On tonight’s (March 3) episode of frenzyWe found out what Khan was talking about, because AEW ditched the No Holds clause and changed it to The Final Burial. This appears to be AEW’s alternate name for the Buried Alive match.
Another video shows a boy still digging a mound of dirt at the grave site. He said that Cage has serious consequences for paying, so he will put Christian in a hole in the floor at revolution. The point is, Christian made so many disrespectful references to dead jungle dad Luke Perry that he will now be buried six feet below.
This sounds like a Buried Alive match to me, so I guess we’ll see how AEW puts its own twist on the concept. Will this be a pre-recorded off-location cinematic battle?
AEW also announced a tag team pre-show match revolution Card. Mark Briscoe teamed up with the Lucha Bros to take on Ari Daivari and The Olympians.
This is the updated lineup for revolution:
• MJF (c) vs. Bryan Danielson in a 60-Minute Iron Man match for the AEW World Championship
• Jamie Hayter (C) vs. Robbie Soho vs. Saraya for the World Women’s Championship in AEW
• Elite C vs House of Black for the AEW Trios Championship
• The Gunns (c) vs. The Celebrity vs. Jeff Jarrett & Jay Lethal vs. Orange Cassidy & Danhausen for the AEW Tag Team Titles
• Samoa Joe (C) vs. Wardlaw for the TNT Championship
• Hangman Page vs. Jon Moxley in the Texas Death Match
• Ricky Starks vs. Chris Jericho was prevented with JAS from ringside
• Jungle Boy vs. Christian Cage at The Final Burial
• Mark Briscoe & Lucha Bruce vs. Ari Daivari & The Athletes (Pre-Show)
Are you looking forward to the final burial, Cagesiders?
“Typical beer trailblazer. Hipster-friendly web buff. Certified alcohol fanatic. Internetaholic. Infuriatingly humble zombie lover.”