February 24, 2024

Balkan Travellers

Comprehensive up-to-date news coverage, aggregated from sources all over the world

King Charles was released from hospital hours after the Princess of Wales

King Charles was released from hospital hours after the Princess of Wales

Peter Nichols/Getty Images

Britain's King Charles III and Queen Camilla were seen leaving a London clinic on Monday.


London
CNN

British King Charles III has been discharged from a hospital in London after undergoing treatment Enlarged prostate.

Buckingham Palace said the 75-year-old monarch had left hospital, and that his upcoming public engagements had been rescheduled “to allow for a private recovery period.”

The palace added, “I would like to thank the medical team and all those involved in supporting his visit to the hospital, and he is grateful for all the kind messages he has received in recent days.”

The king spent three nights at the London Clinic – a private hospital near Regent's Park – after his death He admitted on Friday and was said to be “in good condition.” By following the procedure.

Queen Camilla, who visited her husband daily, was at his side when he left on Monday.

Camilla previously said her husband was “doing well” and “looking forward to getting back to work” in the meantime On recent contracts.

The king's departure comes hours after Kensington Palace announced this Catherine, Princess of Wales She left the same private hospital and returned home to Windsor to continue her recovery from abdominal surgery.

The princess went to London clinic two weeks ago To perform an abdominal operation.

A Kensington Palace spokesman said that Catherine was “making good progress” and that she and her husband, Prince William, were grateful to the staff at the hospital “for the care they provided.”

The spokesman added: “The Wells family remains grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world.”

See also  New clashes erupted between Azerbaijan and Armenia

Samir Hussein/WireImage/Samir Hussein/WireImage

The Princess of Wales, pictured in November, returned home on Monday after nearly two weeks in hospital.

The Princess of Wales was admitted to hospital on January 16 for planned abdominal surgery. A day later, Kensington Palace announced that the operation had been successful and that she would remain in hospital for 10 to 14 days.

News of Catherine's surgery, announced just 90 minutes before Buckingham Palace separately revealed Charles' diagnosis, sparked concern at the time.

It's not clear what caused her surgery, but a royal source told CNN on January 17 that the 42-year-old's condition was not cancerous.

The princess is expected to need to recover for several months, with Kensington Palace previously saying she is unlikely to resume public duties until after Easter.

According to a royal source on Monday, the princess’s return will depend on medical advice closer to the time. Prince William also took a step back from public engagements to support his wife while juggling childcare duties.

Get the free Royal Newsletter

Sign up for Royal News on CNNa weekly newsletter giving you the inside track on the Royal Family, what they do in public and what happens behind the palace walls.

Charles was diagnosed after developing symptoms and receiving a medical examination while at his residence in Birkhall in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, UK news agency PA Media previously reported.

The Palestinian Authority, citing a Downing Street spokeswoman, reported that British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak wished the king a “speedy recovery” after the procedure he underwent.

Buckingham Palace previously said the king was “delighted” to have helped raise awareness of his diagnosis.

NHS England said visits to its 'enlarged prostate' webpage – which provides information on causes, symptoms and treatment options – saw traffic rise more than 1,000% above its daily average following the Palace's announcement on January 17.

Correction: This story was updated to correct when CNN learned of the Princess of Wales' condition.