May 26, 2022

Balkan Travellers

Comprehensive up-to-date news coverage, aggregated from sources all over the world

Russian army launches a major offensive in Donbass and approaches the last pocket of resistance in Mariupol

The Kremlin refuses to comment on the damage caused by the sinking of “Moscow”.

The Kremlin declined to comment on the sinking MoscowThe Russian flagship that sank in the Black Sea last week. “All information is provided by the Ministry of Defense. We have no privilege to communicate “ Presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov announced that neither the navy nor the ministry had made an estimate of the sinking of the boat, which had hundreds of personnel.

Officially, the Russian navy says it has not reported any Moscow personnel aboard the ship and no dead, wounded or missing. On Saturday, the Russian Defense Ministry released a video showing the meeting between the naval chief and dozens of survivors of the ship, whose crew could officially number up to 680.

However, in recent days, many of the missing sailors, many of whom have been published in Russian-language media and social networks, are doing their military service. A man living in the Crimea, posing as the father of the missing person Dmitry Skrebets, posted a message on the social networking site Vkontakte on Sunday evening, asking why his son, who was forced, is in the war zone. A woman named Yulia Chiova also told several media outlets that she had not seen her son.

In March, the Kremlin pointed out that those forced into the attack in Ukraine had mistakenly participated and were later withdrawn from the operational arena.