- On the fifteenth day of the invasion, the Russian army operated on several fronts: A small advance to the capital Kiev and intense bombings on other strategic cities Last barrier in front of Odessa port, including Mykolive. According to the UN report, At least 516 civilians were killedUkraine side, since February 26.
- According to a representative of the International Committee of the Red Cross, the situation is critical, with Mariupol being surrounded and without electricity, water, gas and food soon.
- Are Ukraine and Russia “Ready” Guarantees for the security of Ukraine’s nuclear facilities are being discussed and further compromised by the war every day, the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) announced on Thursday. This announcement comes as Kiev “Lost all communication” With the Chernobyl power plant, according to information received by the UN nuclear police.
- Emmanuel Macron Condemnation “With the greatest determination”, Russian bombing of a maternity and children’s hospital in Mariupol “Unqualified war action”. The Russian military called it that “Stage” Of “Nationalists” Ukrainians. According to the UN, this is the third maternity hospital to be destroyed in the country since the beginning of the Russian invasion.
- The damage caused by the war in Ukraine is estimated at $ 100 billion (90 billion euros), according to preliminary estimates, Oleg Ustenko, economic adviser to the President of Ukraine on Thursday. However, he felt that the Ukrainian financial system was very good. “In the current situation”Quoting “More or less constant exchange rate”.
- Russia has banned the export of certain goods and equipment from the country in response to tough sanctions imposed by the West over the conflict in Ukraine. According to the government, the ban targets certain technologies related to telecommunications, medicine, agricultural machinery and electrical appliances.
- The Ukrainian capital, Vitaly Klitschko, announced on Thursday that half of the population in the Kiev Confederation had fled since the start of the Russian invasion of Ukraine on February 24.“Today, less than two million people live there.”
Read our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine:
Encryption. Russian oligarchy, Putin’s outposts and new targets for Westerners
Report. In Gorseval, the Russians will no longer show up
Story. International volunteers are paving the way for joining the protest against Moscow
To analyze. There is no neutrality or parallel militancy: the Western balancing act in the war in Ukraine
Investigation. Videos analyzed by “World” Certify the use of cluster munitions in civilian areas
Web light. Gas and oil war
Live from Wednesday, March 9th Can be found here.