Cover Image: Mary Altafer / AB
- The President of Ukraine is scheduled to address the UN Security Council on Wednesday, of which Russia is a permanent member, for the first time since the start of the war. Volodymyr Zelenskiy was one of the first to speak at this special meeting under Albanian leadership, with more than sixty speakers scheduled.
- Ukraine claims to have shot down seventeen of twenty-four Shahed drones Launched by Russian forces rapport Every day at the beginning of the day, Wednesday.
- Death toll rises to 8 in Kubiansk blast According to earlier reports, 6 people were killed. “The two dead were volunteers who evacuated people.”said Oleh Synehoubov, governor of the Kharkiv region.
- Three cross-border villages in Russia’s Belgorod region were bombed According to officials, by the Ukrainian Armed Forces. The Governor of Belgorod Region, Vyacheslav Klatkov, expressed his grief over the death of a civilian in shelling on Wednesday.
- Olena Zelenska calls for the return of 19,000 “abducted” children. Only 386 people have been brought back to Ukraine, the Ukrainian first lady told a briefing at the United Nations headquarters on Tuesday.
- A diesel fuel tank caught fire in Sochi. “The area of the fire is 96 square meters. According to preliminary information, there are no casualties.” Governor of Krasnodar Territory Benyamin Kondratiev announced telegram.
- Russian President to meet Chinese Foreign Minister Vladimir Putin will meet Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi in St. Petersburg on Wednesday, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.
Watch our live coverage from Tuesday 19th September by clicking this link.
Read our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
Encryption. UN During the General Assembly, the permanent members of the Security Council were notably absent
narrative. Operation “The Force Awakens”: The day elite Ukrainian soldiers planted the flag in Crimea
Report. Kyiv is gradually losing Ukrainian children deported to Russia
Encryption. Ukraine took the sanctions of Poland, Hungary and Slovakia to the WTO
facts. On the Black Sea, Kiev is trying to build another grain cycle corridor
Report. Iseom’s stigma, a year after his release
Video. Kim Jong-un and Vladimir Putin met in Russia
editorial. Kim-Putin: A Troubling Summit of Pariahs
Chronic. Sylvie Kaufman: “Nineteen months later, don’t talk to the “heroes of Ukraine” returning from the front about a clean war or a future war.
Review. “Memory in the Face of Russian Repression”, Vladimir Putin’s “Ideological Enemy” Monograph
cards. Maps of the war in Ukraine since the start of the Russian invasion in February 2022
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”