Cover Image: TED ALJIBE / AFP
- Joe Biden paves way for delivery of F-16 fighter jets to Ukraine. The US President briefed his G7 counterparts on their meeting in Japan “Supporting joint effort to train Ukrainian pilots on fourth-generation fighter jets, including F-16”A senior White House official said. “During training [des pilotes ukrainiens] Coming up in the next few months, our coalition of countries participating in the initiative will decide when to provide the planes, how many and by whom.He was put in charge.
- Volodymyr Zelensky praised on Twitter “Historic End” who goes “Big Help” Ukrainian Air Force. British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak welcomed US support for the initiative, which is being undertaken by many countries, including his own. The Danish Defense Minister also announced that Copenhagen will contribute to the exercise.
- G7 announces new sanctions against Kremlin. Location of America “more than three hundred” According to Treasury Department and State Department releases, the blacklist includes people, companies, ships and aircraft, and restrictions on the export of components used to make Orlon drones. The United Kingdom and the European Union have decided to restrict imports of Russian diamonds, which bring Moscow billions of dollars each year. The Ukrainian president is expected to arrive in Japan on Sunday.
- According to Dmitry Medvedev, the Russian military has recruited 120,000 contract soldiers since January., second place in the country’s Security Council. Although the losses are kept secret, Moscow is trying to rebuild teams that have been greatly weakened by the offensive in Ukraine.
- At the Arab League conference in Jeddah, Volodymyr Zelensky thanked Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia for his support.. “Unfortunately, some countries in the world and some among you are turning a blind eye (…) These are Illegal Links” He also called on Ukrainian territories occupied by Russia “Honestly Look” on war.
- According to the account suspended this morning, The Russian military launched 39 missile launches, 39 airstrikes and 50 rocket launches in twenty-four hours., according to a situation report published by the Ukrainian Civil Service. Russian efforts are concentrated around Lyman, Avtivka, Bagmaut and Maringa, the report said.
Find our live coverage from yesterday by clicking this link.
Read our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
Reporting. How Ukraine Prepares Its Forces for a Counterattack in Top Secret
Encryption. Can the Russian Air Force still turn the tide of the conflict?
Encryption. African presidents ready to lead peace effort in Ukraine
Grandstand. “Support for millions of Ukrainian children must be at the heart of partnerships between Ukraine and Europe”
true. Airstrikes have intensified as the battle for Bagmouth continues in the east
Encryption. What role could the F-16s that Ukraine is asking for from the West play?
true Council of Europe creates war damage registry for Ukraine
Encryption. Relations with China at the heart of the G7 in Hiroshima
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”
Emmanuel Macron proposes to guarantee Ukraine’s security, failing to integrate it into NATO.
Ursula Von der Leyen: Why is the President of the European Commission implicated in political corruption in Bulgaria?
According to Emmanuel Macron, Vladimir Putin “woke up with a terrible electric shock” to NATO.