Although the FIFA World Cup Finals has yet to be officially concluded, the expanded 12-team football final is expected to begin in the 2024 season. Every week for the remainder of the season, the athlete The proposed format will be tested using the latest CFP’s top 25 rankings.
Here’s how the arch will be planted and site siting using commission November 8 rankings and calendar 2024-25. note the orange The Cotton Bowls were previously scheduled to host the 2024-25 semi-finals and Atlanta was selected as the national championship game.
Top four seeds (goodbye to first round):
- Georgia (SEC Champion)
- Ohio State (Big Ten Champion)
- TCU (Big 12 Champion)
- Oregon (Pac 12 Champion)
under the CFP . board approved modelThe top four places will be reserved for the four highest-ranked conference champions. For our purposes, we assign the best team in each conference to be the champion. That means No. 1 Georgia (SEC), No. 2 Ohio State (Big Ten), No. 4 TCU (Big 12) and No. 6 Oregon (Pac-12) will all have a goodbye in the quarterfinals.
Number 5-12 seeds:
5. Michigan (As a whole)
6. Tennessee (As a whole)
7. LSU (As a whole)
8. USC (As a whole)
9. Alabama (As a whole)
10. Clemson (ACC Champion)
11. Ole Miss (As a whole)
12. Tolen (AAC Champion)
Under the same model, berths are guaranteed to the six top-ranked conference champions along with the top six top-ranked teams. Had the season ended today, the 5th and 6th highest-ranked Conference Champion would be No. 10 Clemson (ACC) and No. 17 Tulane (AAC).
Joining them on the field will be the six remaining top-ranked teams: No. 3 Michigan, No. 5 Tennessee, No. 7 LSU, No. 8 USC, No. 9 Alabama and No. 11 Ole Miss.
CFP . table
All times are oriental.
Friday. December 13
- No. 10 Clemson at No. 7 LSU, 7:30 p.m.
he sat. December 14
- No. 12 Tulane at No. 5 Michigan, noon
- No. 11 Ole Miss at No. 6 Tennessee, 4 p.m.
- No. 9 Alabama at No. 8 USC, 8 p.m.
The four first-round matches will be played on the campus of the seeded 5-8 seed during the third weekend of December. Which slots are ESPN likely to select, with USC-Alabama as the clear pick for prime time Saturday. And you know LSU would like to host Clemson for a Friday night game.
Tuesday. December 31
- Peach Bowl: Winner No. 4 Oregon v Michigan-Tulane, 7:30 p.m.
married. January 1
- Fiesta Bowl: No. 3 TCU vs. Tennessee-Ole Miss Winner, 1 p.m.
- Rose Bowl: No. 2 Ohio State vs. LSU-Clemson Winner, 5 p.m.
- Sugar Bowl: No. 1 Georgia vs. USC-Alabama winner, 8:45 p.m.
The current New Year’s six tournaments are expected to rotate to host the quarter-finals and semi-finals, with the goal of playing most of the quarter-finals on New Year’s Day. In its announcement, the CFP Board stated that the first four seeds would be allocated “in light of the existing nodes pot relationships”.
Using these parameters, first Georgia would go to the SEC contract bowl, Sugar Bowl, and Ohio State No. 2 to the Rose Bowl as the Big Ten champion. The Peach Bowls and Fiesta have no conference partners, but the No. 3 seed TCU will likely take advantage over the No. 4 seed in Oregon. Placing frogs in a peach bowl would put them at a disadvantage against a lower-rated SEC opponent, so TCU gets Fiesta and Oregon the Peach.
Thursday. January 9
- Cotton pot: No. 2 Ohio State/No. 7 LSU / No. 10 Clemson vs. No. 3 TCU/No. 6 tn/no. 11 Ole Miss, 7:30 p.m.
Friday. January 10
- Orange Bowl: No. 1 Georgia/No. 8 USC / no. 9 Alabama vs. No. 4 Oregon/No. 5 Michigan / No. 12 Tulane, 7:30 p.m.
The commissioners haven’t officially set the dates for the semi-finals, but they must be at least a week behind the quarter-finals, and the CFP will avoid scheduling them against the quarter-finals. NFLWild Card Weekend (January 11-13). This likely means placing one on Thursday night and the other on Friday night.
The CFP Board of Directors’ announcement said, “The top ranked players will receive preferential status in the semi-final matches.” It will depend on which teams win in the quarter-finals, but if 1 seed Georgia advances, Miami Closer than Arlington.
Monday. January 20
- National Championship game in Atlanta at 7:30 p.m.
The title game is expected to remain on Monday night, as the NFL Divisional Tour dominates potential dates for the weekend. The CFP has already chosen Atlanta as its location for the 2025 National Championship, and it is expected to remain so even though the game will now likely be played two weeks later than initially planned.
Here’s how we expect the tournament to play out in the quarter-finals and beyond:
- No. 9 Alabama beats No. 8 USC
- No. 5 Michigan beats No. 12 Tulane
- No. 6 Tennessee beats No. 11 Ole Messi
- No. 7 LSU beats No. 10 Clemson
- No. 1 Georgia beats No. 9 Alabama
- No. 5 Michigan beats No. 4 Oregon
- No. 6 TN beats No. 3 TCU
- No. 2 Ohio State beats No. 7 LSU
- No. 1 Georgia beats No. 5 Michigan
- No. 6 Tennessee beats No. 2 Ohio
- No. 1 Georgia beats No. 6 Tennessee
Check out last week field here.
(Top photo: Steve Limentani/ISI Photos/Getty Images)
“Total coffee junkie. Tv ninja. Unapologetic problem solver. Beer expert.”
Georgetown expected to hire Ed Cooley from Providence
Trea Turner leads the United States past Cuba and into the World Baseball Classic final
Caitlin Clark puts Iowa in the Sweet 16