There is a popular theory that Wordle puzzles are getting harder now that the New York Times owns the rights. In fact, this week has seen some very challenging puzzles doing the rounds, something that has brought an end to one or two winning streaks. Thankfully, Express Online is here to help, thanks to some spoiler-free hints and clues to help fans arrive at the right answer. If you need help with Wordle 309 for April 24th, head to the bottom of the page for some helpful hints. Good luck and God bless you.
Wordle tasks players with figuring out a five-letter word in just six attempts. It sounds simple, but it can be much more difficult than you think.
If you want to solve Wordle puzzles, you will need to pay close attention to the color of the tiles after each guess.
If the letter box turns gray, the letter will not appear in the word you are guessing. If the tile turns yellow, then the letter you guessed is in the word, and not in the correct position. If the tile turns green, then the letter is in the word and in the right place.
The app keeps track of your stats, displaying the number of correct answers you’ve managed, as well as your winning streak.
If you fail to solve the puzzle, you will have to wait until the next day for a new Wordle to be released. You will also lose your precious winning streak.
Read on for some general Wordle tips, followed by three guides specific to Wordle 309 on April 24th…
General tips and advice about Wordle …
• Do not use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, especially “a” and “e”.
• Avoid letters such as “X”, “Z” and “Q” until later, when you have a better idea of the answer.
• “RAISE” is a good word to start with, while “TOUCH” is a decent second guess.
• Check out Express Online’s daily tips below…
Wordle 309 Tips and Guides for April 24th…
1. Wordle 309 begins with the letter I.
2. Wordle 309 contains two vowels.
3. It’s a struggle to get moving, especially on Sundays.
“Typical beer trailblazer. Hipster-friendly web buff. Certified alcohol fanatic. Internetaholic. Infuriatingly humble zombie lover.”