Cover Image: Efrem Lukatsky / AB
- According to Ukrainian officials, a major attack by Russian bomber drones was underway in Qew on Saturday, injuring at least two people. “There are currently two victims in the Solomiansky district. Both received medical attention at the scene.kyiv mayor Vitaly Klitschko wrote in Telegram.
- According to the city’s mayor, the Russian army is returning to the offensive in the Avdivka sector.
Russian armed forces have launched their third wave of attacks since Oct. 10 in Avdiivka, eastern Ukraine, where they are systematically bombing its center, its mayor Vitaly Barabash announced on Friday. For more than a month, it has virtually surrounded the industrial city, but is still served by an asphalt road, facing relentless attacks by Moscow’s forces, which have tried to capture it for years.
- Sixteen Ukrainian drones were intercepted in southern Russia and Crimea between Thursday and Friday, according to Moscow. “Kyiv regime’s attempt to carry out terrorist attack using drones (…) Failed on the territory of the Russian Federation » It was announced overnight, Friday Russian Ministry of Defense In a press release. “Air defense systems destroyed sixteen drones, thirteen of them on the Crimean peninsula and three on the border of the Volgograd region. »
- Canada and the European Union reiterate their support “Immovable” to Ukraine against Russian invasion. “We will stand with Ukraine as long as needed”, Canada and European Union (EU) leaders announced in a joint statement. Ottawa took the opportunity to increase its support for Q: “Canada to donate more than 11,000 assault rifles and more than 9 million rounds of ammunition”Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced.
- Russia plans to dig a tunnel under the Kerch Strait The Washington Post. Talks were held between Russian and Chinese business leaders on a proposed tunnel under the Kerch Strait separating Crimea from mainland Russia. The American newspaper reported on FridayIt recalls Moscow’s growing concerns over the security of the Crimean bridge, a key logistics route for Russian forces stationed in Ukraine, which has been repeatedly targeted by the Ukrainian military.
- Support for the Russian war effort: France counts on China’s vigilance. French Foreign Minister Catherine Colonna said in Beijing on Friday. “Anti-Bribery” Chinese authorities to block any support for Russian war efforts in Ukraine.
You can watch our live stream from last week by clicking this link.
Read our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
narrative. In Ukraine, the anxious hunt for “collaborators”.
facts. In Russia, seven years in prison for anti-war activity in a supermarket
Analysis. The triumphant turnaround of Vladimir Putin’s Russia
Review. “Twice in the Same River”, Sophie Oksanen: Shedding light on Russian rape in Ukraine
Chronic. Philippe Ricard: “There is a temptation within EU member states to abandon the Israeli-Palestinian front in favor of war in Ukraine”
Report. In Cyprus, life on the “start-up island” was turned upside down by the war in Ukraine.
narrative. In Russia, the Ukrainian front of assassins pardoned by Putin has returned
Chronic. Sylvie Kaufman: “A perfect storm is brewing in the war in Ukraine: everywhere you look, negative trends are converging”
facts. At Kew, after eighteen months of war, veterans’ wives demand their mobilization.
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”