Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Aston Martin reveals first 2023 Formula 1 racing upgrades ahead of Monaco FB1

Date:

Aston Martin has revealed the first upgrades to its AMR23 Formula 1 car ahead of the 2023 Monaco Grand Prix, a race in which it is expected to challenge Red Bull.

Driven by two-time world champion Fernando Alonso, the Silverstone team is currently second in the Constructors’ Championship behind Red Bull after the first five rounds of the season.

But while the Milton Keynes team has so far excelled largely due to its strong DRS and aerodynamic efficiency, GPS data reveals that Aston Martin has impressive braking and low-speed traction. So you should be in contention for the win this weekend.

The team will release its first development pack this weekend, having so far relied on circuit-specific changes to its baseline design.

For the Monaco, the AMR23 will have revised suspension configuration and tweaks to the brake duct assembly while cooling and downforce have been optimized for tight street circuits.

Aston Martin submitted to the FIA ​​changes to the front suspension, with part of the upper wishbone modified to improve the flow of air coming over the rest of the car.

At the front corner, the front wheel deflector has been slightly reshaped to better interact with the air coming from the front wing tip area.

Meanwhile, the rear suspension got revised fairings to enhance the effectiveness of the corresponding brake ducts while also helping with airflow.

These three modifications have been made to improve the AMR23’s overall performance, while the rear spoiler has been fitted with a more aggressive setup to increase the Monaco’s downforce.

See also  Colts GM on Anthony Richardson Casting: 'I Didn't Want to Look for Him and Watch Him Be a Star Elsewhere'

Likewise, for the rear corner, the brake duct’s entry and exit ducts have been adapted to the increased cooling demands of the track.

Technical details of the Aston Martin AMR23

Photo by: Autosport

Aston was due to offer permanent upgrades to the Emilia Romagna GP performance, before it was canceled due to heavy flooding in the area.

Ferrari has now chosen to delay its adjustments until Spain where the circuit is better aligned with simulations to help validate the new parts. By contrast, Mercedes adopted drastic changes for Monaco anyway.

But Aston split his revisions. Team manager Mike Crack said: “It split a little bit.

“Imola upgrades, the ones that make sense, we kept the car here.

“There were one or two pieces that we would bring to Barcelona, ​​because it makes no sense to bring them here.

“It’s a divided approach. We’ll have some updates here; we’ll have some updates in Barcelona. And we’ll have more after that.”

On his chances of upsetting Red Bull this weekend, Alonso said: “If I told you I didn’t come here thinking I could win a race, I’d be lying to you, because this is a one-time chance.

“We know Monaco, Singapore, there are specific race tracks that you need to gain confidence in free practice, and get closer and closer to the walls.

“I’m going to attack more than any other weekend.”

Read also:

POPULAR

RELATED ARTICLES