June 16, 2024

Balkan Travellers

Comprehensive up-to-date news coverage, aggregated from sources all over the world

Palestinians accuse Israel of “massacre” against displaced people in Rafah

Palestinians accuse Israel of “massacre” against displaced people in Rafah

Two days before the strike, the ICJ ordered Israel to “immediately” end its Rafah attack.

At least 35 people were killed in a fresh attack by Israel in Rafah, Gaza Strip. The attack comes two days after the International Court of Justice (ICJ) ruling against Israel.

In its ruling, the UN said it was “not convinced” that Israel’s expulsion measures were sufficient to protect Palestinian citizens. Nawab Salam, president of the ICJ, declared that “Israel must immediately cease its military offensive” in Rafah.

The Israeli military says it has killed two Hamas officers

The Israeli military said one of its planes struck “a Hamas compound in Rafah where key terrorists operate,” including two of the movement’s leaders in the West Bank, Yassin Rabia and Khalid Nagar.

“The strike was conducted against legitimate targets under international law, using precision munitions and based on accurate intelligence indicating Hamas’ use of the region,” he said in a statement.

Rima Hassan has called for a rally in front of the Israeli embassy

“Tomorrow a rally must be held in front of the Israeli Embassy, ​​and nowhere else,” wrote insoumise Rima Hassan, European election candidate for La France in X.

Earlier on the same social network, he condemned Israeli “genocide fighters” who carried out a strike northwest of Rafah. According to the latest report, at least 35 people were killed.

At least 35 people have been killed in Rafah, according to new figures

At least 35 people were killed in an Israeli attack in Rafah, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health. Earlier reports put the death toll at 30.

According to the Palestinian Ministry of Health, cited by CNN, the victims were mostly women and children.

Amnesty calls on ICC to open ‘war crimes’ probe into three deadly Israeli attacks in April

Amnesty International is asking the International Criminal Court (ICC) to open a “war crimes” investigation into three Israeli airstrikes in central and southern Gaza that killed 44 Palestinian civilians, as a new Israeli attack killed at least 30 people in Rafah. In April, including 32 children.

See also  War in Ukraine: NATO, Russia deploy nearly 100 ships, escalate tensions in Baltic Sea

According to the NGO, the strikes took place on April 16 in Al Makhsi refugee camp, in the center of the Gaza Strip, and on April 19 and 20 in Rafah, in the south.

“These devastating strikes destroyed families and took the lives of 32 children,” Amnesty official Erica Guevara-Rosas said in a press release, adding that the NGO’s investigation “provides essential evidence pointing to illegal attacks attributed to the Israeli military.

Doctors Without Borders says it is “horrified” and is calling for an immediate ceasefire

“We are horrified by this deadly event that shows once again that no area is safe” in the Gaza Strip, MSF reacts in X after the strike on a camp for displaced people in Rafah.

“We continue to call for an immediate and lasting ceasefire in Gaza,” the organization argues.

The Israeli military says the strike was carried out against legitimate targets in accordance with international law

“A short time ago an aircraft struck a Hamas compound in Rafah, where senior Hamas terrorists were operating. The strike was conducted against legitimate targets based on accurate information from intelligence, using precision munitions in accordance with international law. Hamas,” the Israeli military said in a statement in French X.

That strike, according to initial reports, killed at least 30 people in a camp for displaced people in northwestern Rafah. Palestinian president says Israel committed a “horrific massacre”.

Two days ago, the ICJ ordered Israel to stop its attack on Rafah.

The Palestinian president has accused Israel of deliberately targeting the displaced people’s camp in Rafah.

The Palestinian president has accused Israel of deliberately targeting a center for displaced people near Rafah on the southern tip of the Gaza Strip, killing at least 30 people, according to Hamas officials who rule the territory.

“This heinous massacre perpetrated by the Israeli occupation forces is a violation of all international resolutions,” the Palestinian president wrote in a statement, accusing Israel of “deliberately targeting” the camp of displaced people.

See also  An aunt's call after her 12-year-old French nephew was kidnapped by Hamas

“It’s a butcher shop”: Benjamin Netanyahu “doing the worst in Rafa,” says Oliver Fauré.

Like Jean-Luc Mélenchon, the first secretary of the PS speaks at X and condemns the Israeli strike that killed more than 30 people in Rafah in the Gaza Strip.

“Netanyahu is doing the worst thing in Rafa, which is unforgivable for Spain to emulate,” says Olivier Faure.

Jean-Luc Mélenchon condemns a “disgusting massacre” and pleads for recognition of Palestinian state

“Horror. The disgusting massacre of the tents of the refugee camp in Gaza sums up what the killers of this army of war criminals and their leaders are. Let their supporters in the media class and in politics measure their responsibility for promoting a sense of impunity. This government”, writes Jean-Luc Mélenchon in X.

La France’s president insoumise calls for a “breakdown of cooperation with the Netanyahu government and its economy,” an “arms embargo” and recognition of the Palestinian state.

Israeli military says Hamas officer killed in Rafah attack

In a statement, the Israeli army said it had “destroyed” the Hamas official, killing dozens of civilians in Tal al-Sultan, northwest of Rafah.

The Israeli military says it is aware of the civilian damage caused by the attacks on Rafah

The Israeli military announced that it had carried out strikes against a Hamas compound in Rafah, south of the Gaza Strip, and it was told that civilians were among the wounded.

“A plane crashed into a Hamas compound in Rafah where key Hamas terrorists were operating,” the military said in a statement, assuring it was “aware of reports that several civilians in the area were injured.”

See also  Bombing on Zaporizhia kills at least one and injures nine

Hamas calls on Palestinians to rise up and march against Israeli massacres in Rafah.

Hamas is calling on Palestinians to “stand up and march” after the Israeli army’s “massacre” at a center for displaced people near Rafah, south of the Gaza Strip.

“In light of the brutal Zionist massacre this evening by the criminal occupation army against the tents of the displaced, we call on our people in the West Bank, Jerusalem, the Occupied Territories and abroad to stand up and march in anger,” the Palestinian Islamic Movement wrote in a statement.

Hamas’ state media office said at least 30 people had been killed

At least 30 people were killed and dozens wounded in Israeli strikes on a center for displaced people near Rafah, south of the Palestinian territory, according to the Hamas government media office in Gaza.

The strikes “caused the death of 30 martyrs and injured dozens,” the media office said in a statement, adding that Gaza Civil Defense confirmed Israeli attacks in the area, which it says is home to about 100,000 displaced people. According to Civil Defense, 50 people were killed or injured.

Palestinian Red Cross reports ‘large number’ of casualties in Israeli attack near Rafah

The Palestinian Red Cross announced on Sunday that an Israeli attack on a designated humanitarian area near the town of Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip had left “a large number” dead and wounded.

“Palestinian Red Crescent ambulance crews are carrying scores of martyrs and wounded after the occupation (of Israel) targeting displaced people’s tents northwest of the UN headquarters,” the Red Cross said in X, “designated a humanitarian zone by the Israeli occupation.”