Deputy Defense Minister Hana Malyar said that settlements in the Bakhmut region near which Ukrainian forces began their offensive operations on June 24, 2023. Map: Deepstatelive
2023/06/24 – 20:16 •
Latest news Ukraine
Deputy Minister of Defense of Ukraine Hanna Malyar He says On June 24, Ukrainian forces launched an offensive in several directions in the east of the country simultaneously with fighting continuing in the south. All the settlements mentioned as directions for the attack are located in the Bakhmut city area.
“Today, the Eastern Group of Forces launched an offensive in several directions at once, in the directions of Orekhovo-Vasilievka, Bakhmut, Bohdanivka, Truce, Klychevka, Kordyumika. There is progress in all directions,” Billion Books.
It added that the Russians tried to advance in the Kobyansk (Kharkov Oblast), Liman and Marinka (Donetsk Oblast) sectors, but failed to make any progress. Meanwhile, in the Avdiivka and Shakhtarsk directions of Donetsk, Russian forces carried out air strikes and artillery attacks.
On the evening of 23 June, unofficial Ukrainian sources reported that Ukrainian forces had recaptured the streets of Bakhmut.
Regarding the situation in the south, where the Ukrainian counter-offensive began earlier this month, Malyar wrote:
Heavy fighting continues in all areas of the attack. The enemy is on the defensive, making every effort to stop our attack. At the same time, the enemy suffers significant losses in personnel, weapons and equipment.
Tags: bakhmut, ukraine counterattack 2023
“Infuriatingly humble alcohol fanatic. Unapologetic beer practitioner. Analyst.”