Cover Image: Nina Liashonok/AP
- A military spokesman for Ukraine’s eastern front said on Saturday that his forces had advanced 1,400 meters around Bagmouth. Serhii Serevaty spoke on TV.
- “There are counter-offensive and defensive operations going on in Ukraine, I won’t talk about them in detail”For his part Mr. Zelensky noted During a press conference. The Ukrainian president refuses to say whether the mass attack was months of preparation by public servants in Kiev.
- According to the latest report by the Ukrainian Interior Ministry, five people are dead and 27 are missing Due to this sudden rise in water levels in areas controlled by Ukraine. Russian occupation authorities for their part lamented the deaths of at least eight people.
- Destruction of Kagovka Dam a “direct effect” According to Justin Trudeau, Russian invasion. On a surprise visit to Kyiv on Saturday, June 10, Mr. Trudeau did not go so far as to blame Moscow for the explosion that destroyed the dam. Both sides are blaming each other for the disaster.
- Zelensky says 3,000 people have been evacuated from flooded areas under Ukrainian control. According to the Russians, there are 5,000 people in the occupied territories.
- According to pro-Russian officials, the Dnieper will return to its normal course by June 16. According to The head of the occupied part of the Kherson region is Vladimir ZaltoCiting “Preliminary Calculations” The Dnieper of RusHydro, a company specializing in hydropower plants, should return to its normal course by June 16.
- Russian Ministry of Defense One more published Video showing a column of destroyed Western tanks and armored vehiclesSome corpses are still smoldering in the south of Donetsk region.
- Emmanuel Macron calls on Tehran “Support should be stopped immediately” From Iran to Russia. During a telephone conversation with Iranian President Ibrahim Raisi on Saturday, June 10, the French President also “Warning on Serious Security and Humanitarian Consequences of Iran’s Supply of Drones to Russia”.
- After Iceland’s Embassy in Moscow Closes, Russia Reassures “Answer”. “All Reykjavík’s actions against Russia will inevitably meet with a response”The Russian Foreign Ministry accused Iceland of having “destruction” Relations between the two countries.
- Cyril Ramaphosa briefs Xi on African mediation in Russia and Ukraine The South African president has briefed his Chinese counterpart on the upcoming mediation mission of six African leaders to Russia and Ukraine, the South African president announced on Saturday. Vladimir Putin and Volodymyr Zelensky gave their agreement last month to receive the peace mission. She is ready to move there by mid-June.
Find our live coverage from yesterday by clicking this link.
Reporting. A year after the Battle of Mariupol, the Ukrainian Azov Regiment returns to combat on the Zaporizhia front.
encryptions. Moscow tries to impose the narrative of a failed Ukrainian counteroffensive
Reporting. On the front, a Ukrainian counter-attack with an unknown strategy
true A counterattack by the Ukrainian army began
encryptions. A counterattack by the Ukrainian army began
In pictures, in pictures. Kagovka Dam: Flooding as seen from space
Discussions. Putin’s hypothetical investigation is at the center of two books
Analysis. South Africa’s Unacceptable Closeness to Russia
true The answers to “the world” For your frequently asked questions
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”