Cover Image: Sergei Chubinsky/AFP
- On cue, Ursula van der Leyen promises a tenth round of sanctions against Russia before February 24. “Today, Russia is paying a huge price because our sanctions are crippling its economy and setting it back a generation,” the head of the European Commission argued from the Ukrainian capital ahead of an EU-Ukraine summit scheduled for Friday.
- At least three people were killed and around 20 injured on Wednesday 1R In February, a Russian missile was fired at an apartment building in Kramatorsk. According to Ukrainian authorities, in eastern Ukraine. “At least eight apartment buildings were damaged, including one that was completely destroyed. People may be under the rubble.”Donetsk police said.
- Ukraine launched on Wednesday A broad anti-corruption drive. The target is looking for administrations, civil servants and dignitaries. “Justice will be served”, President Volodymyr Zelensky confirmed in his daily message. Vassyl Maliouk, head of the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), noted that it was a campaign. “Give a blow to the enemy within”.
- Kiev hosts Friday Summit with the European UnionIt made the fight against corruption a condition for Ukraine’s accession to the European Union. It will be preceded by a meeting of members of the European Commission and the Government of Ukraine.
- Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki has announced that he is ready to send F-16 fighter jets. In an interview with a German newspaper, if there is a consensus on the matter within NATO Picture.
- On the ground, the Russian army, associated with the paramilitary group Wagner, intensified the fighting, particularly to capture Bagmouth, A city in the east, it’s been buzzing since summer. Further south, Moscow also attacked Wolter.
- Russia celebrates the 80th anniversary of the Soviet victory in the Battle of Stalingrad on Thursday. A major turning point of World War II and a symbol of patriotism was redoubled by Vladimir Putin’s all-out attack on Ukraine. The Kremlin said the Russian president would travel to Volgograd to take part in the celebrations.
Check out our live stream from yesterday By clicking this link.
Read our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
Report. From Donetsk to Kiev, a soldier’s path was lost between the front lines
Interview. Speaker of the Ukrainian Parliament Ruslan Stefanchuk: “Dear friends, do not be afraid of a direct confrontation with Russia. He has already arrived.”
true The EU delegation in Kyiv presented opportunities to Ukraine
Report. Farewell to the famous Sakharov Center in Moscow
encryptions. France is organizing its long-term military support for Ukraine
Internet. Tanks in Ukraine: How Far Can Western Support Go?
evidences. “Ukraine is the most heavily mined country in the world today. It is said that after victory it will take five years to clear all the territory.
true In 2022, wind and solar power produced more electricity in the EU than gas or coal
Chronic. “In Ukraine, corruption will undermine the trust of allies and create divisions in the country”
true “The world’s” answers to your most frequently asked questions
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”
President Zelensky advances near Bagmouth
Lake that disappeared after California rains reappears
Kyiv receives $15.6 billion bailout package from IMF