Cover Image: KHATIB/AFP said
- While new massacres of civilians are discovered, the human toll continues to rise. In Israel, the latest report shows more than 1,200 dead and more than 2,800 injured, according to the military. After the kibbutz of Kfar Aza, located 2 kilometers from the Gaza Strip where Hamas killed more than a hundred civilians, it was opened to the media on Wednesday. On the Palestinian side, the Gaza Health Ministry said the latest report put more than 1,350 dead and more than 6,000 injured.
- Israeli bombing of Gaza continues. “Large-scale attack against several centers of the terrorist organization Hamas in the Gaza Strip” The Israeli army said on Thursday morning that it was underway. According to the IDF, strikes have targeted 2,687 targets in Gaza since Saturday. More than 1,000 homes were destroyed and 560 were heavily damaged and rendered uninhabitable, according to the United Nations Office for Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), citing Palestinian officials. According to the Palestinian Refugee Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), at least 340,000 people have been displaced.
- 12 French killed and 17 missing in Israel, including children ‘possibly kidnapped’ by Hamas. The victims included more than 80 foreigners, including at least 22 Americans, 20 Thais, 10 Nepalis, 10 French, 7 Argentines, 4 Russian-Israelis, 2 Ukrainians, 2 British, 2 Peruvians, 2 Filipinos, 2 Brazilians, and 1 Cambodian. 1 Canadian, 1 Spanish and 1 Australian.
- Lebanon’s Hezbollah claimed responsibility for the new footage on Wednesday Against Israel South Lebanon says it is acting in response to the deaths of three of its fighters killed by Israeli airstrikes on Monday. The Israeli military, for its part, justified new bombings in southern Lebanon on Wednesday morning. “Response to Anti-Tank Missiles Targeting Israeli Soldiers”.
- “Total Blockade” of the Gaza Strip Israel announced Monday “ban” Under international humanitarian law, The United Nations, European Union and humanitarian organizations recalled Tuesday and expressed concern over the situation. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is working with Hamas and Israeli authorities to secure the release of hundreds of hostages held in Israel.
- Gilles Paris, editor “Monday”The former correspondent in Jerusalem and Washington will answer your questions during a live chat starting at 10:30 am.
Read all our articles on the attack on Israel
narrative. The day Hamas shook Israel
narrative. Joe Biden incites Hamas’ “bloodlust” and expresses unfailing solidarity with Israel
Encryption. Hamas has been Israel’s greatest enemy since 1987
Analysis. After the Hamas attack, the US faces a mystical “new Middle East”.
Tribune. Eli Barnawi: “The Hamas attack is the result of the combination of a fanatical Islamist organization and a despicable Israeli policy”
Video. Hamas offensive against Israel: Second day of fighting summarized in pictures
Encryption. Benjamin Netanyahu, a prime minister at war in spite of himself
true Elizabeth Bourne condemns the “rebellious ambiguities” of La France Insumais
Tribune. Hamas attack: “This is a turning point in Israel’s history” for Ilan Greilsmammer
Report. In Israel, the streets of Jerusalem bear the scars of massacres by Hamas attackers
narrative. Why did Hamas decide to break the status quo and challenge Israel?
Encryption. Hamas attack on Israel, a political and security earthquake
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”