Cover Image: STRINGER/REUTERS
- Officials from more than 60 countries and heads of hundreds of major global corporations are expected to attend a second international conference on Ukraine’s reconstruction in London on Wednesday and Thursday, Downing Street announced Saturday. More than a year after the war began, the World Bank estimated Ukraine’s immediate needs at $14 billion (12.77 million euros).. But recovering the country’s economy is expected to cost 441 billion dollars (just 402 billion euros), according to a recent study.
- Ukraine will not be prioritized for its NATO accession process, U.S. President Joe Biden said on Saturday that he has pledged to Ukraine “Meet all criteria” To achieve this. In addition, Kyiv will not be invited to join the alliance at its next summit in Lithuania on July 11-12. NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said on Friday.
- A group of African heads of state met Vladimir Putin in St. Petersburg on Saturday. Towards the start of peace talks between Moscow and Kiev. Following the meeting, Russia outlined an African plan to end the war in Ukraine. Very difficult to implement ». “African leaders and Mr Putin have expressed their political will to continue dialogue”, Especially within the framework of the Russia-Africa summit, planned for the end of July in St. Petersburg, however, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.
- On Friday, a delegation of these same African heads of state met with Volodymyr Zelensky at Kew.. The Ukrainian president again rejected any talks with Moscow. “I made it clear during our meeting today that negotiating with Russia now, when the aggressor is on our land, means a cold war, cold pain and suffering.”he said.
- Official flood figures have been revised upwards. 16 people died and 31 are missing following the destruction of the Khakovka dam on the Dnieper river last week, kyiv reported on Saturday. Russia, for its part, raised the death toll to 29 in areas under its control in southern Ukraine.
Find our live coverage from yesterday by clicking this link.
true Russia delivered its first nuclear weapons to Belarus
Reporting. “Russians are getting wiser”: On the front, Ukrainian officials face their enemy’s advances.
encryptions. Hundreds of Western electronics were found in Russian weapons
true With the war in Ukraine, the West is lifting restrictions on remotely piloted munitions
encryptions. A drone war of unprecedented scale between Russia and Ukraine
Video. In Bagmouth, the Ukrainian faction publishes war videos
Reporting. Near Kherson, Ukrainians used floods to escape Russian-occupied territories
true Fencing: Russian fencers make comeback at European Championships in Bulgaria
Internet. What do we know about the kyiv counterattack?
true “The world’s” answers to your most frequently asked questions
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”