Cover Image: Adrian Dennis/AFP
- Charles III, 73, was officially proclaimed kingAfter her death on Saturday at the age of 96, Thursday, her mother, Elizabeth II, opened an era. National mourning, and a new era for the British monarchy. He ascended the throne at a difficult time, with the United Kingdom facing its worst economic crisis in forty years.
- After thousands of people clapped and cheered in front of Buckingham Palace on Friday, Charles III in his first speech promised as a sovereign that he would serve the English for the rest of his lifeAs did his mother Elizabeth II at age 21e Anniversary. Dressed in black, the king paid homage in a calm and confident tone “Life of Service” From his mother, to him “Traditional Love”His “Fearless adherence to progress”But its “Warmth and Humor”. In a moving tribute, he thanked ” Dear mother “.
- A religious service was held in honor of the queenOn Friday, he read passages from the Bible in front of Liz Truss, the new prime minister, at St Paul’s Cathedral in London at the end of the day. Bells rang before in the churches of the land. Especially in Windsor, where the Queen lived most of the time. and at 1 o’clock 96 cannon shots rang out.Drawn from Hyde Park, but also at Cardiff and Edinburgh, York, Portsmouth and Gibraltar palaces.
- The Queen Elizabeth II He died on Thursday in Balmoral. She is 96 years old. He ascended the throne in 1952 at the age of 25. Admired by the British people, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the United Kingdom, Supreme Governor of the Anglican Church, Interlocutor of fifteen British Prime Ministers, All Heads of State of Ve The Queen has spanned the ages of the French Republic and thirteen American presidents.
- “Unicorn” function is activated. Elizabeth II’s body will first be taken to Edinburgh. The coffin will be taken by road to Holyrood Palace, its spokesman said the world Cecile Ducourtieux. The procession will take place from Holyrood to St Giles Cathedral in Old Edinburgh. After a ceremony reserved for the royal family, Saint-Gilles Cathedral is open to the public twenty-four hours a day. The coffin will then travel to London where the funeral will take place at an as yet unknown date.
- Prince William, now Prince of Wales, is the new heir, in order of birth of her three children: George (born in 2013), Charlotte (born in 2015) and Louis (born in 2018). Then comes Prince Harry and his two children, Archie and Lilibet.
Check out our live stream from yesterday Here.
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”