Cover Image: STRINGER/REUTERS
- Russia tried to regain a seat on the UN Human Rights Council on Tuesday, October 10, under fire following the massacre in Hirosa, Ukraine., a risky bet that makes it possible to assess its international support. The UN General Assembly elected fifteen new members for the 2024-2026 period, expelling Russia from the body established in Geneva after its invasion of Ukraine.
- General Assembly “An arsonist and a firefighter must make an important choice to prove that she is not ready to be confused”The Albanian ambassador to the UN, Ferid Hoxha, told a meeting of the Security Council on Monday, October 9, that a Russian strike against the Ukrainian village of Hroza killed more than 50 people last week.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky will be a guest on “L’Événement, l’ Interview”., Tuesday, October 10, from 8:40pm, followed by the 8pm news. An interview conducted by journalist Caroline Roux and recorded in Kyiv on Monday.
- According to France Info, The Ukrainian president will speak about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and condemn Moscow’s actions.. “We have all the indications that Russia is helping some terrorist activities. This is not the first time she has done this. She did it in Syria, she did it in Ukraine. It seeks to sow instability in the world. We are certain that Russia supports Hamas’ activities in one way or another.France 2 confirmed for Volodymyr Zelensky.
- Hamas attack on Israel It will not lead to a reduction in European Union (EU) support for UkraineThe European Commission’s chief spokesman, Eric Mamar, made the pledge on Monday. “Of course, Russia is trying to use everything that happens on the international stage to provoke instability or strengthen its campaign against Ukraine, but that does not mean that the EU’s attention has turned away from Ukraine”he said.
- Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said events in the Middle East had no bearing on the war in Ukraine. inquires During his daily briefingMr. Peskov promised that “Special military action” is an independent process And “Everything went as planned”.
- On the front, Ukrainian armed forces carried out five offensive operations near Robotin, Zaporizhia region (south), a Russian occupation official said.Vladimir Rokov, To the Russian news agency TASS. According to him, the Russian army repulsed these attackskilling at least thirty-five soldiers.
- This winter, the Ukrainian Air Defense Forces are focusing their efforts on protecting the energy sectorStrategic public facilities and critical infrastructure, Ukrainian Air Force spokesman Yuriy Ihnat predicted, on public television. According to him, this strategy already worked last winter.
Watch our live coverage from Monday by clicking this link.
Read our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine:
Portrait. In Russia, cyberwar for the virtue of Ekaterina Missolina
Encryption. Wagner after Wagner: Kremlin takes responsibility for reorganizing Russian mercenaries
Tribune. “We need to launch an ambitious agricultural strategy between Ukraine and Europe, which will make this union the leading agricultural power in the world”
Analysis. The Ukrainian attacks forced the Russian Navy to redeploy to the eastern Black Sea
narrative. At the Grenada summit, Europeans failed to hide their misgivings about the US ally
Encryption. Why is Germany reluctant to supply Taurus missiles to Ukraine?
Report. In Odessa, military recruiters at the university gates
Encryption. Russia controls less than 17.5% of Ukrainian territory, which has been frozen for more than ten months.
narrative. Ukraine faces the test of a long war
Video investigation. How Ukraine Moves War to Russian Soil
cards. Maps of the war in Ukraine since the start of the Russian invasion in February 2022
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”