Cover Image: Will Kirk/AP
- Joe Biden’s administration reminded Ukraine on Friday that it does not support its equipment being used to attack targets in Russia. In an interview with CNN, White House National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said: “We have made it clear to the Ukrainians again what our expectations are regarding the Russian attack; We don’t want to encourage or allow that, and we certainly don’t want to use American-made equipment to attack Russian soil. »
- Russia says it sent fighter jets Thursday for the second time this week to intercept two U.S. strategic bombers. of “Transgression of State Boundaries” Above the Baltic Sea.
- Alexander Lukashenko spoke on Thursday about the transfer of nuclear weapons from Russia to Belarus. He could not specify whether the weapons in question were already in his country. “Maybe, I’ll go back and see”, the leader said, explaining that Vladimir Putin had informed him the day before that he had signed a decree authorizing the transition.
- The US chief of staff reiterated on Thursday that Russia will not win the war in Ukraine by military aloneGeneral Mark Milley declared that it was unlikely that Kyiv would be able to expel all Russian forces from its territory soon. “It means the fight is going to continue, it’s going to be bloody, it’s going to be tough. And, at some point, both sides will either negotiate a treaty or reach a military decision.He noted.
- The EU has asked China to use its influence in Moscow ” [soit mis] An End to Bloodshed » Russian troops are leaving the country in Ukraine. Li Hui, who was sent to Europe by Beijing to discuss a political solution to the conflict in Ukraine, was welcomed in Brussels on Thursday by Enrique Mora, the right-hand man of European diplomacy chief Joseph Borrell, before heading to Moscow on Friday.
- Yevgeny Prigozhin, head of Russia’s private militia Wagner Group, said on Thursday that his men had begun handing over their positions in Bagmouth to regular Russian army troops. “By 1R June, for the most part [de nos unités] will be transferred to the back decks. We hand over posts in the military, ammunition and everything there., he declared. Hanna Maliar, Ukraine’s deputy defense minister, denied the total loss of the city on Thursday.
Find our live coverage from yesterday by clicking this link.
Read our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
narrative. Returning from Belgorod, the Russian partisans are victorious
Interview. Jens Stoltenberg: “Ukraine will eventually become a member of NATO”
Reporting. On the Kherson front, reconnaissance and diversionary operations
Chronic. “Diplomatic Motives Behind Ukraine’s Prepared Military Counterattack, Still Unreconciled”
Encryption. The European political community, a new type of club born out of the war in Ukraine, is finding its way
Reporting. Forges de Tarbes machining the shells of Caesar guns revived by the war in the Ukraine
Video. Pictures of war-torn Bagmouth
true “The world’s” answers to your most frequently asked questions
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”
Berlin ‘doubts’ Hungary’s ability to hold EU presidency
North Korea confirms launch of military spy satellite
LIVE – War in Ukraine: Heavy Russian missile attack at Q, rare attack in broad daylight