Cover Image: Anatoly Stepanov/AFP
- The United States on Friday announced $425 million (396 million euros) in new military aid to Ukraine. Especially including anti-aircraft defense mechanisms. This new term was approved by the US Congress at the end of September “Exhausting remaining funds currently available”Refers to the Pentagon In his press release.
- Russian forces are reportedly still trying to encircle Avdivka Ukrainian civil servants, Friday morning. “The Russians continue to try to surround Avdiivka. However, the Ukrainian soldiers, inflicting heavy losses on the Russian occupation forces, hold their ground. » According to the Ukrainian General Staff, Ukrainian forces contained Russian advances near Avdiivka and repelled Russian attacks near Severn (6 kilometers west of Avdiivka), Donenke (8 kilometers west) and Pervomaisk (11 kilometers southwest).
- Moscow disputed that on Thursday “dead end” About the Ukrainian conflict. The Kremlin denies the view of the situation in front of the commander-in-chief of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, Valery Zalushny. Asked for his comment, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said ” continues La Russie[vait] Its special military operation is relentless. All the set targets must be achieved. »
- Volodymyr Zelensky on Friday appointed the new commander of the Ukrainian army’s special operations forces. Viktor Korenko was replaced by Colonel Serhii Lubanchuk “He will continue to lead special functions at the Intelligence Board [ukrainien] », The President of Ukraine announced without specifying the reasons for this change.
- A Ukrainian strike killed at least nine people in the occupied zone of Kherson oblast on Friday, a local official of Russian occupation authorities said.
- Despite withdrawing from the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty, Russia says it will continue “Respect the ban”. The Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) was opened for signature in 1996, but did not enter into force because it was not ratified by a sufficient number of forty-nation states. .
- Ukraine was targeted overnight Thursday and Friday by a massive Russian-led drone strike, only half of which was shot down. Mr. Zelensky said. “There were about forty last night [drones de fabrication iranienne] Shahid. More than half of them were shot.”Mr. Zelensky wrote in a telegram, confirming the presence “Damaged” above ground.
- German foreign minister backs Ukraine’s start of EU accession talks in December Annalena Baerbach presented the enlargement of the European Union as a geostrategic necessity, while affirming that in order to function with more than twenty-seven and thirty members it would have to engage in deep reforms. Ukrainian diplomatic chief Dmytro Kuleba said “faith”.
- Washington is barring new foreign companies from participating in the Russian war effort. The U.S. Treasury announced the strengthening of economic sanctions against one hundred and thirty individuals and companies — notably China, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates — that participate in trade exchanges. “Required Technologies and Equipment” For his war effort in Ukraine.
- According to Duma, the Wagner Group was discontinued. According to the chairman of the Duma security committee, Andrei Kartapolo, the group “Completely disbanded and most of its fighters are in the process of joining other structures. Some of them continue to carry out missions in African countries, but under another name and under the Ministry of Defense. Others signed an agreement with the armed forces, some joined the Russian National Guard. [Rosgvardia] ».
You can watch our live stream from last week by clicking this link.
Read our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
Encryption. Ukraine fears falling into oblivion in the face of conflict in the Middle East
Interview. Myroslav Marynovich, Ukrainian figure of Soviet resistance: “I expect organized resistance from the Russians against the war in Ukraine”
Encryption. The Russian arms industry is gaining momentum
Investigation. Russian oligarch Alexei Kuzmitchev has been indicted in France for tax fraud
Interview. Jean Lopez, historian: “Except for the war between Iran and Iraq in 1980, there has been nothing comparable to Ukraine since 1945.”
Analysis. Three contact wars in Ukraine, Gaza and Nagorno-Karabakh
editorial. Europe faces two wars
Video. What is the Siberian battalion, this Russian unit integrated into the Ukrainian army?
Encryption. In Moscow, the hunt for immigrants to fill army posts
Report. In Ukraine’s Poltava province, youths from Kiev train for war: “Here, they have the right to make mistakes”
Encryption. The Europeans were torn between the Ukrainian and Israeli fronts
Encryption. Why Ukraine’s Counteroffensive Is Failing
Chronic. “Vladimir Putin rubs his hands” after Israel-Hamas war breaks out
cards. Maps of the war in Ukraine since the start of the Russian invasion in February 2022
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”