Cover Image: STR/AFP
- No agreement was signed with Russian President Vladimir Putin and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un During their meeting on Wednesday, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Friday evening. He stressed that the purpose of the North Korean leader’s visit was not arms sales.
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un arrived in Vladivostok on Saturday morning. In the Russian Far East, he was received by Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, state news agency TASS reported.
- The European Commission announced on Friday that five European Union (EU) states – Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia – will end the ban imposed on the import of Ukrainian grain. To protect their farmers. Brussels took the decision in exchange for Kyiv’s commitment to limit the flow of grain to neighboring countries.
- In the process, Hungary has decided to unilaterally strengthen the ban on the import of Ukrainian grain. After some time, Poland and Slovakia also announced an extension of the ban. Romania, for its part, “sorry” The decision of Brussels, Await Kyiv’s action plan before implementing possible measures. Unlike its neighbors, Bulgaria announced on Thursday that it was lifting the ban.
- Parliament Latvia The centrist government formed by the government gave its approval on Friday The new prime minister, Evika Čilena, pledged to strengthen the armed forces and continue to support Ukraine. Against Russian aggression.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is welcomed to the White House on Thursday, September 21 A senior US official confirmed on Friday that he had discussed with US President Joe Biden about supporting Kiev against a Russian invasion.
- Russia will not boycott the next OlympicsThe president of the Russian Olympic Committee, Stanislav Postnyakov, promised. Each Russian athlete was free to choose whether or not to compete under a neutral banner.
- According to Russian President Vladimir Putin, 300,000 men “Ready to sacrifice their lives for the interests of their motherland” Signed an agreement with the Russian Armed Forces “Six to seven months”. He announced this during a meeting with his Belarusian counterpart, Alexander Lukashenko.
- The Kremlin said on Friday it was satisfied with the progress of the investigation into the plane crash that killed the head of the Wagner Group., Evgueni Prigozhin, no explanation has been offered more than three weeks after the accident. Ukraine and the West suspect retaliation from the Kremlin, a theory Moscow rejects.
Watch our live broadcast from Friday 15th September by clicking this link.
Read our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
facts. On the Black Sea, Kiev is trying to build another grain cycle corridor
Video. Kim Jong-un and Vladimir Putin met in Russia
facts. The meeting between Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong-un marks the beginning of a strengthened and somewhat secret cooperation.
Encryption. With the meeting between Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong-un, Pyongyang wants to show that its influence extends beyond Northeast Asia.
editorial. Kim-Putin: A Troubling Summit of Pariahs
Encryption. In Ukraine, confusion over holding elections in the midst of war
Encryption. The countdown to Ukraine’s counterattack has begun
Chronic. Sylvie Kaufman: “Nineteen months later, don’t talk to the “heroes of Ukraine” returning from the front about a clean war or a future war.
Review. “Memory in the Face of Russian Repression,” Monograph of Vladimir Putin’s “Ideological Enemy”
cards. Maps of the war in Ukraine since the start of the Russian invasion in February 2022
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”