- On the sixteenth day of the invasion, the Russian army operated on several fronts: Some progress has been made in the attempt to approach the capital Kiev and serious bombings have been reported on other strategic cities. Last barrier in front of Odessa port, including Mykolive. According to the UN report, At least 516 civilians were killedUkraine side, since February 26.
- On Friday, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zhelensky accused the Russian military of blocking the evacuation of civilians from the southeastern cities of Mariupol and Volnovoka and launching attacks in the path of the humanitarian corridor. “Russian troops did not stop firing. In spite of everything, I decided to send Mario as a convoy of food, water and medicine. (…). But the invaders launched a tank attack at the point where they had to cross this sidewalk., He said, in a video speech released by the president. According to a representative of the International Committee of the Red Cross, Mariupol is surrounded and without electricity, water, gas and food soon the situation is much worse.
- Leaders and governments of European countries Rejected the idea of quick access to Ukraine, When the door to close relations is opened, despite pressure from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zhelensky “Without delay” The community club and it, throughout the evening, called on its associates from Kiev to get more involved.
- Are Ukraine and Russia “Ready” The security of Ukraine’s nuclear facilities is being discussed, and every day is being compromised a little more by war, the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) announced on Thursday. This announcement comes as Kiev “Lost all communication” With the Chernobyl power plant, according to information received by the UN nuclear police.
- The damage caused by the war in Ukraine is estimated at $ 100 billion (90 billion euros), according to preliminary estimates, Oleg Ustenko, economic adviser to the President of Ukraine on Thursday. However, he felt that the Ukrainian financial system was very good. “In the current situation”Quoting “More or less constant exchange rate”.
- The Ukrainian capital, Vitaly Klitschko, announced on Thursday that half of the population in the Kiev Confederation had fled since the start of the Russian invasion of Ukraine on February 24.“Today less than 2 million people live”.
Read our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine:
Report. Mykolive in the darkness of war
Story. Twenty years of Russian propaganda in the Donbass, at the outset of the war in Ukraine
Encryptions. “Z”, the symbol of radical Russian patriotism
Chronic. “At this juncture in history, the EU must speak the language of power.”
Web light. Gas and oil war
Encryptions. Pope Francis’ silence on Russia
Our live from Thursday, March 10th Can be found here.
Masculinist Andrew Tate sentenced to house arrest after three months in detention for pimping
The accomplice who handed the gun to Alec Baldwin is guilty
Emmanuel Macron wants to stop Beijing from making “disastrous decision” to back Russia militarily