Cover Image: Evgeny Maloletka / AB
- The Russian Defense Ministry said early Thursday, August 10, that it had shot down 13 drones, including 11 near Crimea and 2 headed toward Moscow.After several similar attacks in recent days. “Near the city of Sevastopol [dans la péninsule annexée de Crimée]Two drones were hit by in-service air defense equipment, nine others were neutralized by electronic warfare systems and crashed into the Black Sea before reaching their target.The ministry added.
- Russia had already announced on Wednesday that it had shot down two Ukrainian drones headed towards Moscow, a type of attack that has multiplied in recent weeks. The Russian Defense Ministry said there were no casualties or damage in the attack.
- Two people were killed and seven wounded in an attack by Russia in Zaporizhia on WednesdayIn southern Ukraine, reported In Telegram Interior Minister Ihor Klymenko. President Volodymyr Zelensky announced three deaths earlier In Telegram. The Ukrainian president released a video showing a damaged church, fire and smoke in its courtyard, as well as another building on fire. “Enemy attacked residential area”said Anatoly Kortiv, chairman of the Zaporizhia City Council.
- An explosion in a hangar of an optical-mechanical plant in the Russian city of Zakorsk (It changed its name to Sergeev Posat in 1991) One person died and fifty were injuredSix of them seriously. Regional officials said the crash did not appear to be related to the conflict in Ukraine.
- Ukrainian shelling on the Russian village of Gorkovsky near the border with Ukraine has killed one civilian and wounded four others.announced on Wednesday In Telegram Vyacheslav Kladkov, Governor of Belgorod Province. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky was delighted at the end of July “War Comes to Russia’s Borders”.
- On the frontline in Ukraine, Russian and Ukrainian shelling continued Wednesday. On the Ukrainian side, Russian attacks killed one person in Nikopol and wounded another in the southern Kherson region, local officials said. According to occupation officials, three people were killed and eleven wounded in Ukrainian shelling of Donetsk in the east.
- Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu has reassured Westerners “Quick and adequate response” Before “Multiplication” of “Threats to Military Security” On the Russian border. Among these threats mentioned by Mr. Choigou, the “Hidden War” Issued against Russia by “Unparalleled Support” For Ukraine, but for Finland and Sweden to come to NATO, or “The Militarization of Poland”.
Find us live from Wednesday 9th August by clicking this link.
Read our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Report. “We’re Preparing for the Great War” : Stiff counterattack by Ukrainian soldiers around Bagmouth
Portrait. Ukrainian Marina Vroda’s war cinema at the Locarno Film Festival
Tribune. Belarus: “Awaiting regime change is not utopian or futile”
Encryption. Ukraine is making progress “Battle of the Bridges”
facts. In Jeddah, China joins talks to end the conflict
editorial. Effectiveness of sanctions against Russia in question
cards. Maps of the war in Ukraine since the Russian invasion of February 2022
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”