Sunday February 4, update the situation at the end of the day
- One civilian was killed and two others were injured in Doretsk, eastern Ukraine
“Russian army shelled a residential area in Toretsk city. An enemy attack, probably by artillery, led to the death of a 58-year-old resident in the middle of the street.declared District Attorney In TelegramTwo others were injured and hospitalized.
- Ivan Fedorov, mayor of Melitopol and former Russian hostage, was appointed governor of the Zaporizhzhya region by Volodymyr Zelensky.
The announcement came during a visit by Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to the southern region, including troops in the village of Robotyn, which was recaptured from Russian forces in August 2023 but is now under relentless attack.
- Turkey confirms Vladimir Putin's imminent visit
Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan confirmed the imminent visit of Russian President Vladimir Putin on Sunday evening, without specifying a date. “This visit will give us an opportunity to address many questions.”The minister made the announcement on public channel TRD Haber.
- According to the General Staff, the Russians are trying to break through Ukrainian defenses in Advivka
The Russian military attempted 31 times to break through the defenses of Ukrainian troops on the Avtivka front on Sunday, a higher number of attacks than on any other front, military general staff said.
- Bombs kill 28 in occupied eastern Ukraine
On Saturday evening, a Ukrainian bomber struck a bakery in the occupied eastern city of Lysizansk. On Sunday, the death toll was at least twenty-eight, including a child.
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”